Monday, October 20, 2014

World Cuisines: Vietnamese Chicken (Vietnam)

Ingredients:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch (around 2-3 cm) fresh ginger root peeled and finely grated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice (if you can't get it, just skip it)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
- Set the chicken aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients together.
- Marinate the chicken(best a few hours before cooking or overnight)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake 30 minutes.

Serve with your favorite green salad or steamed vegetables.Makes 2 servings. Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

  1. I saw this when I got up this morning, and couldn't wait to try it. I can't get enough Vietnamese food lately! I was tempted to cook it on the grill instead of bake, but I followed the recipe exactly as written. It was very tender, with a pleasant level of spice. I served it with a stir fry of broccoli slaw and riced cauliflower. We all loved it. Thanks!

    Barb (Angert) Kiser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can absolutely grill it. I always think that meat tastes the best from the grill:) I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete